Monday, July 13, 2009

Fable II

Been playing a fair amount of Fable II the past week or so, having just gotten a new XBox 360 (I gave my original 360 to my brother when my twins were born). I'm really enjoying the game as a whole, with the writing and humor being highlights for me. The social interactions are interesting, but obviously a system that could use tweaking to become more realistic. As an example, whenever I fast-travel to Bowerstone Market, I appear on the screen and there are immediately 6-10 townspeople who are in love with me, to the point where all I'd have to do is give them rings. One would figure that with so many suitors, both female and male (my hero being a male), there would be some animosity between all of these people. Wouldn't it be great if a random brawl could break out in the mosh pit of adoration, possibly represented in a whirlwind of dust, limbs and randoms symbols hanging over the entire scene, like the cartoons I watched as a kid? :)

Just a thought...

No comments: