Monday, October 6, 2008

My Personal Backlog

As I mentioned in passing in the "I Am Not Alone" post, I have quite a list of games for various systems that I currently own which I haven't played to substantial completion. For posterity, I'm going to list them all now, in hopes that I can start to whittle this list down, as opposed to going out and spending more money on games that will take their place on this list in due time. Without further ado, here is my list, sorted by system, in no particular order...

PC
  • Starcraft (complete game, including Brood Wars)
  • Baldurs's Gate I and II (played about 10 hours of the first one and then got sidetracked)
  • Diablo II (played 4-6 hours of this)
  • Fallout (played a fair amount of this when it was new, but never completed)
  • Fallout 2 (never played this)
  • Half Life 2 (played a lot of this but never finished)
XBox
  • Psychonauts (played 5 hours or so of this, and got sidetracked)
  • Jade Empire (played only about an hour of this)
PSP
  • GTA: Libery City Stories
  • Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
  • Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
  • Crisis Core; Final Fantasy VII
  • Sega Genesis Collection
  • Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony
DS
  • Professor Layton and the Curious Village
  • Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
  • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
  • Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja
  • Etrian Odyssey
  • Lunar Knights
  • Shiren: Mystery Dungeon
GBA
  • Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  • Metroid: Fusion
  • Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
  • Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
  • Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
As you can see, I have a lot of quality gaming in my possession right now, and should have no business spending the money on any more until all of this is taken to at least substantial completion. Even though it won't stop me from spending more money heedlessly, there now exists a record of the games I own that I should play.

Final note: Compiling this list makes me want to go ahead and put together a personal Pile of Shame, those games I should have played when they came out but either missed or purposely ignored. This list would include games of the caliber of Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Okami, Indigo Prophecy, Beyond Good & Evil, and many, many more that I can't come up with right now. That's a project for another day.

No comments: