Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Anticipation

Currently, I'm sitting at work, trying to stay focused. There are forces against me, though. Those forces consist of the fact that I have Dragon Age: Origins preloaded on my PC at home, and it officially becomes playable at 3pm EST. The stack of drawings I need to review and edit? They hold no joy or interest for me. The e-mails I need to write? They don't hold a candle to the thought of playing a new Bioware RPG. Even the latest gaming obsession I find myself hooked on, Borderlands? It's going to have to take a backseat to DA:O, as all the cool kids are referring to it.

(Oh, and if you're wondering, I am really looking forward to the birth of our third child in a couple of weeks. It's just that thinking about, and getting excited about, video games is one way that I attempt to stay sane throughout all of the madness. Let's just say that 21-month old twins and a very pregnant and tired wife to come home to every day is not a good recipe for calm and peace. A video game that I can turn on and off as I wish, regardless of the potential gaming anxiety it may cause, gives me an illusion of control in the chaos that my life has become. I guess that's what 3 kids under the age of 2 will do for you.)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled day.

No comments: