Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hmmm...

Strangely enough, after waiting for the better part of a year for Dragon Age to finally be released, I can barely convince myself to play it. I don't know if it's the fact that I've been busy with work or that I've been extra tired when the opportunities to play have come up, but whenever I go to fire it up, something always keeps me from doing so. Another factor could be what feels like a very heavy and depressing storyline. After playing Borderlands and some Torchlight, shifting gears into the Dragon Age universe feels, well, dreary. It's not something that's particularly invigorating to me, when I feel like I could fall asleep at the keyboard.

I did start it up long enough to complete my original choice for an origin story, and as some reviews and commentaries on the game have pointed out, there are decisions in this game that, regardless of the choice you make, leave you feeling as if you just chose between kicking a puppy or throwing a kitten against a wall. Obviously neither of these options are appealing to me, but I had to pick something, so I did. I'm sitting here rather deflated and bummed out about my choice, but that could be a side effect of being in a 7-hour meeting for work today and having no mental reserve left for serious thought or contemplation. I'm intrigued about what will happen next, but I don't feel like moving the story forward this evening. Guess I'll have to digest this game at a glacial pace. Expect to see my post about completing the game sometime in 2011. :)

No comments: