Saturday, September 27, 2008

Quiet Saturday

Today was a relatively uneventful day, spent watching the twins while my wife went to a baby tag sale. She loves to go to those things, and does her best to sniff out the best deals to save us money when it comes to baby clothes, shoes, jackets, etc. It's incredible when you see a pair of baby shoes in a store (shoes they'll wear maybe for a month at this stage) that cost the same as a pair of adult shoes. It's ridiculous, so she is great at finding the bargains to keep our kids looking fashionable without having to pay through the nose.

The one development that I find to be rather big is that I finally invested in a new graphics card for the computer I'm writing this on. This rig is a $400 Dell Outlet purchase, picked out when my laptop croaked (that's another saga that I should recount someday), just to make sure we had some way to access the internet from home. It has 2GB of RAM and a dual core processor, but only has onboard graphics and sound. You can imagine that it limits my choice of gaming quite a bit, so I pulled the trigger on an 8800GT card. The collateral damage in this process is my computer's power supply, which has to be replaced as well to support the new card. So, there's a 600W supply on the way as well. I got all the stuff pretty cheaply from Newegg. I'll try to post some unboxing pictures when everything arrives.

Well, that's all for now. Off to bed for some sleep, before the little rugrats decide it's time to be up again.

No comments: