Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not My Finest Entry

The 12th installment of my quest to complete NaBloPoMo finds me with...well, not much to say.

Today wasn't a great day. The recipe of being up before 5am, on the road before 6, nearly 2 hours of driving to a 5 hour meeting that I didn't want to attend, followed by 2 more hours driving home comprised my work experience. Coming home, I wrassled with the little ones from 3 until around 7 and then spent some quality time with my beautiful (and sadly uncomfortable) infant while my wife got some needed time out of the house. It all adds up to a day with basically nothing interesting to talk about.

On the iPhone front, I spent time hand entering the contacts from the SIM card on my old phone that weren't saved in Outlook. There was also some time digging through the app store, and adding a few new free apps, and the $0.99 purchase of the game Flight Control. A simple yet fun 'line-drawing' game, should be exactly what I need to kill time at the doctor's office or when I have a free moment to spare. Ok, ok, I'm dancing around the fact that a fair amount of my free time involves me being in the restroom. Don't judge me, I'm a father of three. It's the only place I can achieve true peace. :)

Another big move was to sync my podcasts and music onto the iPhone, which allows me to reduce the number of electronic gadgets I need to carry and not lose (from the old iPod and cell phone, to just the iPhone now). It may seem silly to others, but there was a level of aggravation in having to stuff my pockets full of these electronics, knowing that there was a single piece of gadget goodness that would do everything that I wanted to do in one neat and shiny little package.

With all of this optimism, and I haven't even yet scratched the surface of all the stuff I can do with this thing, there is the nagging concern about battery life with the iPhone. I hear not-so-great things about needing to charge all the time, and this is from folks who don't even use it as an iPod, which I will be doing on a daily basis. Hopefully my experiences are better than theirs, but something tells me I'm going to need a lot of charge cables to make sure I have one wherever I go.

That's all for tonight, but I hope to be back here tomorrow with something not iPhone related. There's been no time lately to play any games on the PC, where they all wait sadly for me to return. That's the plan anyway, unless the my little heathens...err, angels have other plans tomorrow. :)

No comments: